The Story: Chapter 1
The night before the talent show at Topia Middle School...
Rock Freely and his band are jamming in his garage. Ally Kazaam is on drums while Sammy Sonic is singing his heart out. Though he wasn't supposed to be there, Rock's little brother, Kaboom, sneaks in to watch their rehearsal. The Bully Bunch passes by Rock's house, hears the music and pelts rotten eggs at his garage door. Suddenly, the house shakes, the electricity goes off and the kids find themselves in complete darkness. Shocked and scared, they watch in silence as light beams pour in through the cracks in the walls.
They think it's another trick by the Bully Bunch but NOT this time. The cosmic rays surround them and they are transported to a mysterious and unfamiliar place - Herotopia Island. It is here that they become superheroes with superpowers. They know their lives will never be the same.
What is a Superhero?
A Superhero is someone who has extraordinary powers and uses them to help others. A true hero fights evil and protects people, animals and the world.
Can you become a Superhero?
Yes, you can:
- Look deep within yourself to find your special talent and ability.
- Create a Bully Free School where everyone feels safe.
- Practice Global Heroship and protect the environment.
- Always continue to learn because knowledge is power.
Superhero Fun Facts:
- Secret Identity:
- When it is time to take action, Superheroes disguise their true identity with costumes, capes and masks.
- Arch Enemies:
- Arch enemies are the rivals of Superheroes. In Herotopia, the Superheroes battle the Bully Bunch.
- The Sidekick is the loyal partner who works alongside the Superhero doing good deeds and fighting crime. The Superheroes from Herotopia believe Orangutans make the best Sidekicks.
- Every Superhero needs a Supervehicle to travel around the world and fight evil.
- Secret Hideout:
- Hidden from the world, the Secret Hideout is the base of operations for the Superhero.
The Bully Bunch
At Topia Middle School, the bullies have formed a gang called the Bully Bunch.
The night before the school talent show…
The Bully Bunch decides to play a nasty prank on Rock Freely and his band. They know the band will be practicing as usual in Rock's garage so they head over there. They hear the music and at Dusko's command, start throwing rotten eggs at the garage door.
Suddenly, the ground shakes, the streetlights go off and they find themselves in complete darkness. They stare in silence as cosmic rays surround them and they are transported to a mysterious and unfamiliar place. It is here that the Bully Bunch becomes supervillains with superpowers.
The bullies create an evil plan to rule the world by destroying all things good on Planet Earth.
Is Bullying a Big Deal?
You bet it is. Bullying is a big problem and it affects a lot of kids all over the world. Everyone has the right to feel safe, and being bullied makes people feel unsafe. Even if you are not the target, bullying behavior can make your school, sports team, after school activity, or camp an uncomfortable place and that’s just not right.
How to deal with a Bully?
Unleash your inner Superhero and try the following:
- Take action:
- Talk to your teachers and schoolmates about joining together to create a safe school where bullies will not be tolerated and everyone will be on the alert for their mean and hurtful actions.
- Send out a Bully Alert:
- Tell your teachers, parents and friends, when a bully has struck. Keep alerting them until something is done to stop them.
- Be the Mastermind:
- Often the bully wants to get a reaction, so you need to know how to use the right skills to get a bully to move away from you.
- Stand up for Yourself:
- Stand tall and be confident, but don't get too angry, upset or out of control because that will give the bullies the powers they seek.
- Create an Alliance:
- Surround yourself with hero-minded friends and stick together if any one of you is bullied. You can be a schoolmate's hero by coming to his/her defense if he/she is under attack from a bully. Support the target even if you couldn't stand up for them at the bullying moment.
- Don’t Bully back:
- A true Superhero refrains from violence and never ever becomes the bully. You have powerful skills that can help show the bully how to become a true Superhero without using violence.
Can you defeat a Bully?
Yes you can. The best way to defeat a bully is to get them to change. Bullies can actually become Superheroes if they learn to use their power in positive ways that can make them leaders without hurting others.
The information published excluding the character story and story published on this Bullies Page at www.herotopia.com are the contribution by independent individuals or organizations. The views and opinions expressed therein are those of such content providers and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Herotainment, LLC. Herotainment, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any views, opinions, data, conclusions or other content included in such materials. Such materials are provided for educational and reference purposes only and should not be substituted for the advice of a qualified health care professional. Do not disregard or avoid professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of such materials.
Herotopia ™ Herotainment, LLC. ©2010 - 2017. All rights reserved